Discover the BEAUTY of Saint Lucia! A Magical Island.
Saint Lucia is an island in the Caribbean with incredible beauty. A great place to relax, go for hikes, snorkel and simply enjoy life. With long pristine sandy beaches, roosters singing throughout the night, goats hanging on the side of the road and yet very high end resorts throughout the island, Saint Lucia is like entering another reality of time. People are incredibly warm and friendly.
There is beauty all around you...
Several ways to get around:
- Private drivers/taxi
- Water Taxi
- Mini Bus
- Uber-Like companies: Allez (use app)
- Renting a car
NOTE: Driving is on the LEFT side and cars come with the wheel both on the left and right side so keep that in mind when renting a car. Also roads are not very smooth in many places and a 4 wheel drive might be a better choice or at least a car that sits higher.
From South Airport (Vieux Fort) to Soufrierre costs vary between $65-$100 depending on who you book with. Service is pretty much the same, just different prices.
WHICH SIDE OF THE ISLAND TO STAY
There are obviously the North, East, South and West side of the island.
You can get around the entire island in a few hours, though traffic will make it longer.
Castries is in the north, now the capital of Saint Lucia.
Many cruise ships arrive here. Lots more traffic here. Its a good 1.5 hours to Soufriere however which is in the West and has many of the very well-known spots to visit.
PLACES TO VISIT
WEST SIDE – Soufriere
- Volcano, Sulphur Springs and Mud Baths
- Botanical Garden, Mineral Springs and Diamond Falls
- Tet Paul Nature Trail – Stairway to Heaven
- Gros Piton Hike
- Piton Waterfalls and Spring Baths
- Petit Piton Hike
- Torraille Waterfaill
- Soufriere Market
- Hummingbird Beach
- Superman Falls
- Snorkeling – Anse Chastenet, Sugar Beach, Pinnacles, Coral Gardens
- Marigot Bay – on the way between Soufriere and Castries
NORTH SIDE – Castries
- Pigeon Island – hike to Signal Hill (little harder), Fort Rodney
- Snorkeling – Pigeon Island edge (beach)
- Night life
- Central Market
- Cruise ship docking
- Anse La Raye
EAST SIDE – Dennery
- Rainforest Hike, Bike, Zipline
- Enbas Waterfall
RELAX. BREATHE. ENJOY.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW:
* Depending on what you are interested in, its probably best to get your accomodations in that area rather than doing the drive daily and wasting a lot of time. Roads vary in many ways, there are pot holes (meaning slow driving), many curves, traffic, narrow roads. Take all that into consideration.
- When tour companies give prices, sometimes the entrance fees are not included. Be sure to check on all entrance fees
- If you have a private driver and guide and you are together all day, inviting them to lunch would be courteous and an expense to take into consideration
- Tips are highly appreciated. Even when people help you with small things like answering a question, some of them expect a tip
- Tet Paul Trail
- Gros Piton
- Petit Piton
- Dennery Rainforest
- Pigeon Island – Signal Hill & Fort Rodney
- Anse Chastanet
- Sugar Beach
- Piton Wall
- Smugglers Cove
- Marigot Bay
- Coral Gardens
- Malgretoute Beach
- Pigeon Island
- Smugglers Cove
- Anse Mamin Beach
- Hummingbird Beach
- Sugar Beach
- Anse Chastanet Beach
- New Jerusalem Mineral Baths
- Botanical Gardens Mineral Baths
- Volcano Mud Baths
Saint Lucia Photo Gallery
- Drive to northern most part of the island from Soufreire to Capa with stunning views
- Hike Pigeon Island – Hike to the top of both Rodney and Signal Hill
- Stop at Castries Market
- Stop at Marigot Bay
- Get the best Cassava bread ever on the road (the only place that has it)
- Hike Tet Paul Trail to the top. Stunning views of Gros and Petit Piton
- Volcano Mud Bath and Sulphur Springs. You can do a brief walking tour of the volcano before entering the baths.
- Piton Falls – a short walk down to the falls and hot springs. The waterfall water is actually very warm. A hidden gem where locals go. Sit in the hot springs and relax.
- Botanical Garden. Walk throughout the garden. Get an extra ticket to enter the Hot Springs at the Garden surrounded by beautiful foliage. Walk to Diamond Falls.
- Torraille Falls – you can go under the falls here as well.
- Take a Water Taxi over to Anse Castanet Beach OR walk (30min) up a steep hill to the resort/beach. Stay at the beach or go snorkeling with a designated area with reef.
- Walk over to Mamu Beach (15 min) to white sandy beaches, quiet, much less crowded area. Eat delicious food at the restaurant right on the beach.
- Snorkeling Day. Take a private water taxi to a number of great snorkeling areas such as Sugar Beach, Anse Chastanet, Piton Wall, Bat Caves, Coral Gardens. They can wait for you while you snorkel. Return back to Hummingbird Beach.
- Walk through the town of Soufriere and see the goats on the side of the streets, the homes and locals.
- Take a tour to the Dennery Rainforest. Guided tour takes you to the Waterfall at the end that you can swim in.
- Go Zip-Lining on 12 different lines through the rainforest trees.
- Visit the Volcano Mud baths early in the morning. Much less crowds and spend as much time as you want. This is when more locals come.
- Return back home
NOTE FROM RITA: From my own personal experience, these (see below) are people/companies that I found to be very helpful. Use WhatsApp to contact them.
- Uber Saint Lucia – 758.730.0125
- Saquan – 785.520.9974
- Al – 758.732.0373
- Stephen (Gros and Petit Piton): 758.728.2821
- Byron: 758.725.8932
- Adventure Saint Lucia
I hope that you enjoyed this information and you take a trip to Saint Lucia. Remember that Good Health is the foundation of your life. Nothing is possible or enjoyable when your health is suffering. I am available for Tele-Health consulting to help you improve your health
IT’S THROUGH GREAT HEALTH THAT LIFE BECOMES MORE ENJOYABLE!